Bring in your gently used books!
We will make you an offer for cash or trade credit based on the books you bring in. Your trade credit never expires and can be used on anything in the store. For cash buys, we will need a valid Driver’s License or other state issued photo ID.
If you have more than 20 books please call us to set up an appointment.
While we do have these basic guidelines, what we take is based on the discretion of the book buyer taking care of you. Every situation is unique, and we have the right to refuse any books we decide we cannot take.
What We Buy
We look for books across subjects in good condition. What we take depends on condition, space available, and our current inventory.
We tend to take paperbacks over hardcovers, with exceptions in children’s picture books, teen books, cookbooks, and history.
What We Do Not Buy
- Books in poor condition:
- Water damage
- Torn covers/dust jackets
- Hardcovers without dust jackets
- Books with broken spines
- Books with stains/highlighting/writing
- Books with odor or mildew
- Water damage
- Ex-library books
- Advanced Reader Copies
- Reader’s Digest Condensed
- Partial Sets of Books
- First, we have you fill out our Book Buying Customer Information form. Then, we sort your books to decide what we will and will not take. Then we offer a value of trade credit or cash.
- When you get trade credit, we can donate the books we did not take to the Boise Public Library. We have Gift Book Donor Receipts available.
- For cash buys or if you don’t want to donate your books, you must be able to wait while we go through your books. If this doesn’t work with your schedule, we can make an appointment at a later time/date.